CommerceNext is hiring a marketing intern! This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain marketing experience and learn about the retail and ecommerce industry. We hope you’ll consider joining our team.
The CommerceNext Marketing Intern is an aspiring marketing professional at the beginning of their career. They will assist with marketing operations under the supervision of the Marketing Director, with a focus on social media, email and content development.
The primary function of a Marketing Intern is to ensure the CommerceNext Community has the latest information about our events. The intern will help the Marketing Director identify, conceptualize, design and execute campaigns to boost engagement, educate and inform our community about our programs. The Marketing Intern will help create content calendars, develop and distribute text and video-based content, monitor social media channels, write blogs and newsletters and support operational marketing efforts.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, professional, capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment and comfortable working remotely. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to learn about the retail and ecommerce industry.
This is a paid internship opportunity (plus college credit if applicable).
Responsibilities & Duties
- Create weekly and monthly editorial calendars to promote company events
- Design and execute social media campaigns, including copywriting and publishing social media posts, and engaging with our online community to build followers
- Assist with the writing and execution of newsletters
- Create and distribute content such as blogs, infographics and videos on social media and in email newsletters
- Track social media and email engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
- Manage CRM database of contacts and ensure contacts remain organized and up to date
- Support marketing team at online events
Qualifications & Skills
- Currently enrolled in college or a recent graduate with a bachelor’s degree in digital communications or related field such as advertising, journalism or graphic design
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills
- Copywriting and editing skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Experience with major social media platforms including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, as well as the data tracking tools associated with them
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Interested in social media trends
- Ability to quickly learn and process information
- Available to work at least 15-20 hours per week
If you’re interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
CommerceNext is a community, event series and conference for marketers at retail and direct to consumer brands. Now in its third year, CommerceNext has grown to include webinars, virtual summits, industry research and an online community, in addition to the annual CommerceNext summit and the esteemed “CommerceNexty’s Awards program. Inc. magazine named the CommerceNext Summit one of the top 5 ecommerce conferences for 2019/2020. To learn more about CommerceNext, visit https://commercenext.com.