Recipients Recognized for Marketing Achievements in Retail and Ecommerce
NEW YORK, August 2, 2018 — Adore Me, Boll & Branch, Boxed, Natori, Sephora and ThirdLove are among the winners of the first-ever Nexty Awards. Warby Parker was named Marketing Innovator of the Year.
The Nexty’s are produced by CommerceNext, the summer’s best digital marketing summit for the retail and ecommerce community. The annual awards program was developed to identify and reward the year’s best marketing performances among retail and ecommerce professionals. The 2018 awards had 6 categories of winners:
- Marketing Innovator of the Year: Warby Parker won Marketing Innovator of the Year for their campaign to help customers safely watch the eclipse.
- Best Use of Data in Marketing: Adore Me won Best Use of Data in Marketing for how they used data to segment and personalize email.
- Most Effective Social Strategy: Sephora won Most Effective Social Strategy for their use of chatbots on Facebook Messenger to book beauty appointments.
- Highest ROI with Least Resources: Boll & Branch won Highest ROI with Least Resources for their text messaging campaign to offer mobile customers “first-looks.”
- Most Impactful Media Campaign: Boxed and Natori tied for Most Impactful Media Campaign. Boxed won for their strategy to target high-value customers to improve return on ad spend. Natori won for their use of AI to acquire ecommerce customers.
- Outstanding Cross-Channel Campaign: ThirdLove won Outstanding Cross-Channel Campaign for their use of direct mail to reverse unsubscribes.
A total of 73 nominations were submitted in 2018, which resulted in seven winners. The winners were selected based on voting: 50% of the score was based on the judges’ votes, 50% based on popular vote. The Nexty panel of judges included Amit Shah, CMO at 1800Flowers.com; Charlie Cole, Global Chief Ecommerce Officer at Samsonite; Craig Elbert, Cofounder & CEO at Care/of; Jason John, Chief Marketing Officer at Publishers Clearing House; Melissa Grillo Aruz, VP of Platform at Forerunner Ventures; and Shawna Hausman, VP Ecommerce at Victoria’s Secret.
The 2018 Nexty winners were presented with awards at the CommerceNext conference on July 26th in New York City.
To view the full list of finalists and learn more about The Nextys, go to https://commercenext.com/thenextys/.
According to Veronika Sonsev, Cofounder of CommerceNext, ”The goals of The Nexty’s are to celebrate exceptional performance of people, programs and companies when it comes to digital retail and ecommerce customer acquisition and growth, to identify best practices when it comes to customer acquisition, and ultimately to create the leading industry recognition program for top talent in digital marketing.”
The sponsor for the 2018 Nexty Awards was GPShopper.