The new year is here, which means it is time to consider new ecommerce strategies and ideas to test. It can be difficult to prioritize which methods to attack, so we’ve compiled a list of the top three marketing tips to kick off 2023 as well as ways to stay in the know on the latest. Make it your New Year’s Resolution to put these tips into action in 2023.
1. Doubling Down on Being Customer-Centric
As we reported in late 2022, this next year’s ecommerce winners will have invested heavily in personalization. It’s been a priority for years, but this will be the year when hybrid shopping dominates and the customer journey will become more complex than ever. Breathing customer-centricity through advanced personalization will be key for brands wanting to stand out and increase retention.
For 2023, we advise that you pursue a personalized, customer-centric approach to brand-building. You can start by watching these two webinars:
- CommerceNext’s webinar on January 11, 2023 “Driving Loyalty: How to Generate Positive Customer Sentiment in 2023” will give top tips from leaders in the industry about prioritizing positive customer sentiment in the new year.
- This past CommerceNext webinar about winning customer loyalty is a helpful resource to learn about important strategies for maintaining a good customer relationship that can help boost sales.
2. SMS Marketing and Conversational Commerce
If you have not already hopped on the SMS bandwagon yet, 2023 is the time to do so. While email marketing is certainly still crucial, SMS marketing is the latest and arguably best method to capture customer retention.
With quick, straightforward messages that are customizable with emojis and gifs, SMS can be an easy way to get your customers to click—and then stay engaged with the brand.
Learn more about SMS marketing and conversational commerce from Rainbow Shops and Attentive.
3. Testing and Diversifying Creative
Testing content is one of the best ways to drive traffic and conversion rates. Simple A/B testing can be the key to unlock what is working in your content and what should be improved. Trying out new strategies for appealing to consumers through social or email outreach is extremely important in continually innovating your brand. Different types of graphics can resonate with your audience, and it’s important to diversify your creative strategies and make changes based on their results to ensure that your content is catering to your designated consumers.
Our webinar “New Year, New Email Marketing Strategies” discusses how to personalize your email strategy by getting creative with new graphics. Both changing content and testing go hand in hand in improving brand success.
In addition to these tips, we suggest that you should seek out resources for staying in the know about the latest in marketing. Here are some of the ways you can stay most up to date.
1. Attend More Industry Events
Sometimes the best way to find out about the newest trends of marketing and ecommerce is to attend conferences. Industry events host the top leaders in the field and share valuable information about what strategies have actually worked with top brands.
CommerceNext’s Ecommerce Growth Show on June 20-21, 2023 is set to be one of the biggest ecommerce events of the year. With 50+ sessions of actionable insights, 1600+ scaled retailers and innovative tech companies and 120+ leading industry featured speakers, CN 2023 will be an incredible experience for brands ready to share and learn about the future of digital commerce. You can register for the Ecommerce Growth Show now!
Industry events are also crucial opportunities for networking, like The NRF Big Show. Specifically, CommerceNext’s Ultimate Ecommerce Leaders’ Party (UELP) will be prime networking ground. UELP is an after-dinner party starting at 8:30pm on January 16. You can expect delicious food and drink with a curated group of ecommerce leaders. This is an exclusive event for the top brands in the industry that you will definitely want to attend in the new year. Apply to attend and join brands like AEO, Tapestry and Ralph Lauren.
2. Take Advantage of Professional Development Resources
On a similar note as attending industry events, consider researching resources that can provide you with valuable advice and insight into the world of ecommerce and marketing.
There are plenty of avenues to choose from to learn new methods of improving your brand:
- CommerceNext’s webinars are informative, online events that offer expert tips on the latest trends within the industry on a variety of diverse, ecommerce-based topics.
- CommerceNext’s podcast series “Conversations with CommerceNext” hosts three seasons of incomparable episodes with guest speakers like Chief Digital Officer of E.L.F. Ekta Chopra, CEO of FTD Charlie Cole and SVP Go-to-Market (GTM) Analytics & Activation and Learning Center of Excellence (COE) of Estee Lauder Doug Jensen.
- Finally, there are a variety of research reports offering analysis and direction for marketers in ecommerce. Shopify releases new research every year that provides insight into the state of the industry. CommerceNext also released a batch of research throughout 2022 (with more to come in 2023) reporting on a number of exclusive brand and consumer surveys to help its community of retailers determine their best next strategic path.
Whatever your preferred method of gathering the latest info, be sure to check out some of these resources in 2023.
With these five marketing tips in mind beginning the new year, you will be off to a great start in improving your business. Happy (and Successful) New Year!