ANNOUNCING THE COMMERCENEXTY WINNERS FOR 2022:
Peer-Reviewed Awards for Marketing & Ecommerce Achievements Among Retail & DTC Brands
The CommerceNexty's are our way of celebrating those individuals and companies that deliver truly breakthrough results in marketing and ecommerce.
In addition to our community-driven nominees and winners,we are honoring two exceptional marketing leaders this year:
SVP and CMO, Old Navy
CMO, American Eagle Outfitters
After reviewing 100+ nominations, we narrowed it down to 27 finalists across 7 categories.
The judges and community voted. Below are the winners!
Marketing Innovator of the Year: E.L.F. Beauty drives social buzz from Chipotle partnership.
Ekta Chopra, CDO at E.L.F. Beauty
E.L.F. Beauty partnered with Chipotle to create an eye shadow palette that matched Chipotle's restaurant colors to gain attention from Chipotle fans. The unexpected partnership between Chipotle and E.L.F. Beauty got people talking and sold out immediately.
Most Impactful Social Responsibility Campaign: Bombas’s 2021 Pride campaign pushes the boundaries of pride collections with its commitment to social impact and support.
Kate Huyett, CMO at Bombas
Ahead of last year's Pride month, Bombas launched a dedicated line celebrating the diverse experiences, stories and intersectionalities within the LGBTQ+ community. For every Pride item purchased, an item was donated to someone in need within the LGBTQ+ community through three Giving Partners to individuals within this marginalized population who are also at-risk or experiencing homelessness.
Best Use of Data or Technology in Marketing: TULA transforms its data usage, leveraging cross-channel attribution to increase its ROAS three-fold.
Zack Abbell, VP Digital and Ecommerce, TULA
TULA leaned into data-driven marketing by building out its growth and analytics teams and implementing the Rockerbox measurement platform. TULA was able to establish a de-duplicated ROAS that they could consistently use to measure all marketing channels, from Facebook, Linear TV, Paid Shopping and influencer attribution while successfully testing and scaling these channels. As a result, TULA tripled its marketing spend while maintaining a positive ROAS.
Most Effective Brand Storytelling: Made In’s content marketing helps home chefs and elevates their brand story.
Lindsay Jackson, VP of Brand Marketing at Made In
Made In sits at the intersection of chef & culinary and craftsmanship. Their campaigns, which run across TV, print and digital, artfully show the beauty of craftmanship and leverage the chefs that partner with them to create the products. Everything is fully concepted, created, directed, edited and deployed in-house. Also, the inhouse studio and test kitchen is creating helpful YouTube content for customers from the world's best chefs.
Outstanding New Ecommerce Experience: Virtual Vision Test by Warby Parker has made it significantly easier and faster for eligible users to renew a contacts or glasses prescription from home.
Erin Collins, VP, Ecommerce at Warby Parker
When using an iPhone 6s or above, users are guided through a simple but thorough eligibility quiz to make sure the service is a good fit. If they’re eligible, the app walks the user through an equally simple vision test that can be completed anywhere with 10 feet of space. That’s all done, from start to finish, in 10 minutes flat. Then, within two days, an eye doctor reviews the results in detail.
Best Use of a New Channel: Gainful builds out its influencer program to cultivate long-term relationships.
Taylor Nulk, Influencer, Affiliate, and Partnerships Manager at Gainful and Kamila Orzech, Influencer Coordinator at Gainful
Gainful’s program goal is to build credibility as a premium personalized performance nutrition brand. To do so, their influencer seeding efforts include engaging 250+ seeding opportunities (gifted/unpaid) per month, building a pipeline of ongoing ambassador partnerships with the right talent, and monitoring & tracking how Gainful shows up in this lower funnel space to continue to elevate the brand.
Women in Retail’s Top Woman of the Year Award:
Jennifer Foyle, President, Executive Creative Director, AE & Aerie.
Jennifer Foyle has recently achieved: 29 consecutive quarters of double-digit growth for Aerie, $5 billion in revenue at AEO in 2021, American Eagle bottoms business surpassing $2 billion in annual revenue in 2021, the launch of emerging brands including OFFL/NE by Aerie and Unsubscribed, rejuvenation of the American Eagle brand with creative marketing and innovative customer connections as a trailblazer in the metaverse.
- Web Smith, Founder at 2PM
- Melissa Grillo Aruz, Founder at Aruz Ventures
- Eric Gohs, SVP of Performance Marketing + Digital at Ascena
- Sunil Kaki, EVP, Marketing at Beachbody
- Liesel Walsh, SVP Marketing & Customer Experience at Boston Proper
- Elyse Burack, Head of DTC Marketing at Capsule
- Lev Peker, CEO at CarParts.com
- Matt Gehring, CMO at Dutch
- Emily Hickey, Founder at Chief Detective Growth Consulting
- Vivian Chang, VP Growth, DTC at Clorox
- Ekta Chopra, Chief Digital Officer at E.L.F. BEAUTY
- Amy Africa, CEO at Eight By Eight
- Doug Jensen, SVP, GTM Analytics and Learning Center of Excellence at Estee Lauder Companies, Inc.
- Geoff Sanders, CMO at Firstleaf
- Charlie Cole, CEO at FTD
- Leslie Emmons Burthey, VP of Marketing, Gold and Telehealth at GoodRX
- Bree Casart, Head of Digital at Hanna Andersson
- Shawna Hausman, CMO at Health-E Commerce
- Emily Culp, CMO at Genexa
- Angela Hsu, SVP, Marketing and Ecommerce at Lamps Plus
- Qun Wei, Head of Growth Data & Analytics at Lemonade
- Scott Ableman, CMO at LevelFields
- George Khachatryan, CEO at OfferFit
- Barkha Saxena, Chief Data Officer at Poshmark
- Joe Megibow, Advisor at Purple
- David Cost, VP of Digital and Ecommerce at Rainbow
- Liana Thompson, Vice President, Global Ecommerce at Stuart Weitzman
- Suruchi Shukla, VP of Omnichannel Growth Marketing at Tailored Brands
- Noam Paransky, Chief Digital Officer at Tapestry
- Jason Nickel, VP of Marketing at Ten Thousand
- Mike Lackman, CEO at Trade Coffee
- Alex Waldman, Co-Founder & Creative Director at Universal Standard
- Malena Higuera, General Manager at Urban Decay
- Daren Hull, President at Vera Bradley
- Naomi Jacobs, Senior Director, Head of Social at Walmart
- Sarah Henry, Sr. Director, Content & Influencer Marketing at Walmart
- Vijay Talwar, CEO of Wish
- Jon Mandell, SVP, Global Membership Marketing & Commerce at WW