CommerceNext is hiring a Sales Intern! This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain sales experience and learn about the retail and ecommerce industry. We hope you’ll consider joining our team.
The CommerceNext Sales Intern is an aspiring sales and marketing professional at the beginning of their career. They will assist with sponsorship sales under the supervision of the Sponsorships Director, with a focus on developing sales support tools, building a sales funnel and assisting with the evaluation of new leads and deal opportunities.
The primary function of a Sales Intern is to assist CommerceNext in growing an engaged group of potential sponsors. The intern will help the Sponsorships Director identify & evaluate new prospects, analyze and develop sales support documents and assist in the development of potential new product offerings for the sponsor community. The Sales Intern will help create outreach emails, build a pipeline and assist with ways to build revenue and engage with the sponsor community. They will also learn sales by joining sales calls and getting coaching from the Sponsorships Director.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, professional, capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment and comfortable working remotely. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to learn about the retail and ecommerce industry.
This is a paid internship opportunity (plus college credit if applicable).
Responsibilities & Duties
- Evaluate industry events and identify potential new sponsors.
- Build potential new sponsor lists from CommerceNext event attendee lists
- Create and maintain sales support documents from CommerceNext events (analyze retail attendance of lunch, webinar and summit events)
- Design and execute outreach emails to potential and existing sponsor community
- Monitor incoming sponsorship requests and update company CRM accordingly
- Assist with post-event sponsor satisfaction surveys
- Manage and maintain potential sponsor requests and update CRM database of contacts
- Support Sales Director in pre- and post-meeting support.
- Attend sales meetings with Sponsorship Director
Qualifications & Skills
- Currently enrolled in college or a recent graduate with a bachelor’s degree with an interest in business marketing or sales.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Copywriting and editing skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Experience conducting research on LinkedIn
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Strong intrapersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to quickly learn and process information
- Available to work at least 10-15 hours per week
If you’re interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
CommerceNext is a community, event series and conference for marketers at retail and direct-to-consumer brands. Now in its fourth year, CommerceNext has grown to include webinars, virtual summits, industry research and an online community, in addition to the annual CommerceNext summit and the esteemed CommerceNexty Awards program. Inc. magazine named the CommerceNext Summit one of the top 5 ecommerce conferences for 2019/2020. To learn more about CommerceNext, visit https://commercenext.com.