CommerceNext Research and COVID-19 Related Blog Posts:
CommerceNext Webinar & Virtual Summit Schedule:
Tues/Weds, July 28-29th: CommerceNext Virtual Summit
Theme: Path to Recovery
- Joe Megibow, CEO at Purple
- Charlie Cole, CEO at FTD
- Gail Tifford, Chief Brand Officer at WW
- Aaron Sanandres, CEO at UNTUCKit
- Nate Checketts, CEO at Rhone
- Jason Goldberg, Chief Commerce Strategy Officer at Publicis
- Daren Hull, Chief Customer Officer at Vera Bradley
- Laura Joukovski, President, Global Fashion Brands at TechStyle Fashion Group
- Emily Boschwitz, VP of Marketing at Hims/Hers
- Helena Price Hambrecht, Founder at Haus
- Tyler Wozny, SVP Digital Product at Madison Reed
- Naomi Jacobs Director, Social Strategy & Business Development at Qurate Retail Group (QVC, HSN)
- Grace Ouma-Cabezas, VP of Growth Marketing at The Skim
- Sucharita Kodali, Vice President and Principal Analyst at Forrester
- and more
Wednesday, August 12, 2020 @ 2pm ET/ 11am PT
Topic: Why 2020 Is Actually The "Year of Mobile"
- Kent Zimmerman, VP, eCommerce & Consumer Technology at Shoe Carnival
- Robby Facer, Director, Digital Brand Marketing at Unique Vintage
- Nicole Snow, Founder & CEO at Darn Good Yarn
- Brian Long, Co-Founder & CEO at Attentive
- Scott Silverman, Co-Founder at CommerceNext (Moderator)
Wednesday, August 19, 2020 @ 2pm ET/ 11am PT
Topic: How Advanced Customer Insights Can Elevate Acquisition
- Vivian Weng, SVP - eCommerce at Anastasia Beverly Hills
- Jamaliya Cobine, Vice President of E-Commerce & Digital Marketing at Ursa Major Skincare
- Cary Lawrence, CEO at Decile (formerly SocialCode's Audience Intelligence Platform)
- Veronika Sonsev, Co-Founder at CommerceNext (Moderator)
Wednesday, September 9, 2020 @ 2pm ET/ 11am PT
Topic: Why Customer Experience Demands Optimization at Scale
- Ning Gao, Digital Experience Optimization & Personalization, Verizon Consumer Group
- Michael Scharff, CEO, Evolv Technologies
- Allan Dick, Co-Founder at CommerceNext (Moderator)
Wednesday, September 16, 2020 @ 2pm ET/ 11am PT
Wednesday, September 23, 2020 @ 2pm ET/ 11am PT
Wednesday, October 7, 2020: Holiday Optimization Summit
Wednesday, October 14, 2020 @ 2pm ET/ 11am PT
What’s covered: E-commerce sales data by product category and merchant type.
Methodology: The data shared here represents weekly trends across the Signifyd Commerce Network encompassing transactional and behavioral data across 10,000+ merchants and 100+ countries. All figures are normalized to the week of 2/25-3/2, as a representation of pre-Coronavirus “steady state” shopping volumes.
What’s covered: E-commerce revenue, conversions, Facebook spend, Google spend by category.
Methodology: This data is based on Within’s 75 clients’ first-party data in US ecommerce who collectively drive over $5B in ecommerce revenue. Companies are placed into their respective verticals and some clients appear in more than one vertical. For example, an omnichannel fashion brand would be grouped into both the omnichannel and fashion sectors. An average-sized company in the sample has the following daily metrics: 100k sessions, 1900 transactions, $350k revenue.
PEPPERJAM AFFILIATE MARKETING SALES INDEX (Registration Required)
What’s covered: Daily gross merchandise sales performance for same-store sales across verticals year-over-year.
Methodology: The Pepperjam Affiliate Marketing Sales Index (PAMSI) measured the gross merchandise sales directly attributable to affiliate marketing promotions for the period beginning March 1st through March 30th and compared them against the affiliate gross merchandise sales for the same period in 2019. The PAMSI examines weekly trends in 10 retail categories comprised of over 700 retail brands as tracked in the Pepperjam Ascend™ Affiliate Cloud Platform.
What’s covered: Impact of coronavirus on online consumer behaviors.
Methodology: Based on 5.2B sessions and 25B pages views over the last 12 weeks of 2020, from January 6 to March 29. Compares behaviors across 20+ industries in 26 countries since the outbreak was first reported globally (week of Feb 17) compared to the period immediately before (first 6 weeks of the year: the reference period).
What’s covered: Impact of COVID-19 on ecommerce online sales, broken out by verticals and sub-verticals. Plus, real-life messaging examples sent by leading brands.
Methodology: Based on anonymized online sales data from over 1,000 leading brands who work with Attentive. This microsite is updated monthly and shows data visualization of online sales per vertical over the past 90 days, with supplemental month-over-month comparisons and a breakdown of categories trending up and down.
What's covered: Impact of COVID-19 on email interactions, conversion and revenue. Also includes data on website visits and conversion by state.
Methodology: Based on BounceX global client base. Daily data starting on March 1 through present, normalized against the benchmark period before the coronavirus crisis.
What’s covered: Data on grocery and packaged goods consumption covering category trends, out-of-stock levels and consumer sentiment.
Methodology: IRI use eShopper and ePOS data for Consumer Package Goods eCommerce sales tracking at over 300 retailers. Sales tracking includes brand level reporting as well as retailer fulfillment types.